July 4, 2016

Day 46 - Living the Dream; Rod

Tomorrow We enter Glacier Bay on the 47th day of our journey. I'm pretty excited about that.

The misty, murky passage of time has obscured my first inkling to make this trip . I do remember reading a newspaper article, a special section of the Sunday edition of the Seattle Times, that described kayaking in Glacier Bay. That kindled whatever desire I already had for making the trip in a sailboat. I taped the article with a map to the inside of my kitchen cupboard so I would never lose sight of the goal. Life has a way of throwing curves in the road and I didn't want to forget what was important to me. Over the years I would see that article every time I opened the cupboard and I'd remember: someday when I have time and a boat I'm going to make that journey.

Someday is always so far away. The mists spread as indelibly into the future as they do into the past, but our future passage into Glacier Bay looks a little clearer today than it ever has.

A lot has gone into making it happen and it's that that gives this trip its real value. All the work, the learning, and the people I've met who have helped make it happen have been exceptionally rewarding. I feel so incredibly fortunate to have had this experience. From dream to seen, Glacier Bay itself is just the tip of the iceberg.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post, lest we forget our dreams! Thank you for allowing us to share in yours!

    ReplyDelete