July 12, 2016

Day 58 - Quijote takes a break; Rod

We arrived in Petersburg yesterday and have been taking care of all the normal business of cleaning and refilling for the next leg. Petersburg is a lovely little fishing town and we've hit it in perfect weather. The nice thing about this stop is that we are going to take a short two week break. Vi will fly home, Kay will meet up with her son Chris, and I'll head back to Seattle for a couple weeks. The tough thing about doing a summer long trip like this, as much as I'm loving it: it doesn't leave time for the other things I like to do with my summer. This break is a small compromise toward that need. I'm missing the Cascade trails and Seattle tennis courts.

So today I fly out and this blog will take a two week break as well. When we resume on July 25th, Tina, Sue (Bob's SO), and Tom (a friend of Tina's family) will be joining us. We can look forward to winding our way down the infamous Wrangell Narrows toward Ketchikan, Then up around Revillagigedo Island and into the Misty Fjords before returning to Canada via Prince Rupert. It promises to be a spectacular leg.

Until then…

(I'll post a few pics when I get home and have better wifi throughput.)

1 comment: